Hair loss is a very common condition that can affect both men and women at
some time in their lives. It is often caused by testosterone metabolites in genetically susceptible hair follicles. While testosterone is at the core of the balding process, DHT is thought to be the main culprit. DHT, or dihydrotestosterone, is a byproduct of testosterone. It is a fairly powerful male sex hormone that’s also responsible for things like forming male genitalia during pregnancy, which is why it is found in women too.
How Does stem cell transplant for hair loss Work?
For about as long as baldness has been around doctors and scientists have been putting their heads together to come up with a cure, from implants and shocks to creams, sprays, and pills. The revolutionary new stem cell treatment for hair loss focuses on extracting follicles that don’t have DHT hormone receptors and uses them to revive and regrow hair in areas where balding has occurred. The steps include:
- Collecting hair follicle sampies
- Isolating stem celis from the samples
- Stimulating and duplicating hair follicles in the lab to create more of them
- Injecting existing donor follicles with stem cells to stimulate regrowth
- Inserting new follicies on bare parts of the scalp, along with stem celis to stimulate their growth
The procedure, which is performed on an outpatient basis can be carried out on both men and women.
What are the Benefits?
- There’s no recovery time required. The patient may experience some pain after the procedure but this should decrease within a week post-treatment.
- In a well-known study published in June 2017, Italian researchers documented an increase in hair density for 23 weeks after stem cell therapy.
- The Stem cells are harvested from the patient’s own body, so they are very safe, and the process carries a low risk of infection or reaction.
To ensure a safe successful result, it is essential that stem cell treatment is carried out by skilled doctors in sterile conditions, using state-of-the-art equipment.
Apex is a world-class medical center with experienced board-certified doctors that use the most up to date technology so you can be sure that you are in safe hands with us.