CoolSculpting Elite is a safe and effective non-invasive fat reduction treatment that has minimal side effects. However, it’s important to be aware of the potential risks and understand what to expect during and after the procedure.
Side effects from CoolSculpting Elite
- Temporary discomfort: During the treatment, you may experience sensations of pulling, tugging, or intense cold. These sensations typically subside as the area becomes numb. After the treatment, you may also experience temporary redness, swelling, bruising, or skin sensitivity in the treated area. These effects are usually mild and resolve on their own within a few days or weeks.
- Rare side effects: While rare, there have been reports of more serious side effects such as paradoxical adipose hyperplasia (PAH) and late-onset pain. PAH is a rare condition where the fat cells in the treated area grow larger instead of shrinking. Late-onset pain refers to the development of pain, tenderness, or cramping in the treated area several weeks or months after the procedure. It’s important to discuss any concerns or unusual symptoms with your CoolSculpting provider.
- Temporary nerve-related symptoms: CoolSculpting Elite may cause temporary nerve-related symptoms such as numbness, tingling, or altered sensation in the treated area. These symptoms typically resolve on their own within a few weeks or months.
- Consultation and assessment: Before undergoing CoolSculpting Elite, it’s crucial to have a consultation with a qualified provider. They will assess your medical history, evaluate your candidacy for the treatment, and discuss potential risks and side effects. It’s important to disclose any pre-existing medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are taking to ensure a safe and successful treatment.
- Safety precautions: CoolSculpting Elite is an FDA-cleared procedure, and when performed by a trained professional, the risks of side effects are minimal. It’s essential to choose a reputable and experienced provider who follows proper safety protocols and guidelines.
Remember, side effects from CoolSculpting Elite are generally mild and temporary. Most individuals can resume their normal activities immediately after the treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about the side effects, it’s best to consult with your CoolSculpting provider who can provide personalized information and guidance.